|Home Our services How we work Quality assurance Client sectors About us Feedback Contact us|
Linguamax Limited - Our commitment to the environment
…is committed to providing a quality service in a manner that ensures a safe and healthy workplace for our employees and our sub-contractors, and minimises our potential impact on the environment;
…recognises that we have social responsibilities that go beyond the provisions of the relevant government Acts and Regulations, and that we should support and contribute protecting the environment through all aspects of our work and practices. In so doing we will operate in compliance with all relevant environmental legislation and we will strive to use pollution prevention and environmental best practices in all we do;
…will promote environmental awareness among our suppliers employees and sub-contractors and encourage them to work in an environmentally responsible manner as well as train, educate and inform our employees about environmental issues that may affect their work;
…will take positive steps to ensure that we promote the following and actively encourage the following principles to our employees, clients, sub-contractors and suppliers.
Use Public Transport
• Staff are urged to make use of public transport network as much as possible to travel to and from the workplace or on business excursions
• Contractors are chosen according to their proximity from the place of delivery of the service, minimising travelling distances, harm to the environment from greenhouse emissions and saving the client travel time and travelling costs.
• Suppliers of green or fair-trade products and those with a commitment to the environment are preferred to those who do not demonstrate ethical responsibilities
Reduction in the use of consumables and energy
Specific Actions Taken
• Office printer set to print on both sides of the paper by default
• Use the Economode setting to reduce toner usage
• Print several pages on one sheet using the print finishing tab
• Use electronic communication where possible to reduce printing and faxing needs
• Don't print out e-mails unless absolutely necessary - 'think before you print' statements are included at the bottom of email signatures as a reminder and a prompt to clients, suppliers and sub-contractors
• Avoid over-production of marketing and publicity material by reviewing distribution lists and regularly updating databases
• Ensure all lights and heaters are turned off before leaving the office
• Make sure workstations have been powered down and screens switched off
• Collect all paper that has been printed on one side and re-use it for printing in draft or for use as scrap message pads
• Re-use envelopes wherever possible
• Nico recycle our empty toner cartridges
• We recycle cardboard, waste paper, bottles, tins and plastic containers at the recyling centre in Sidcup and minimise the waste sent to landfill sites
Noise disturbance to neighbours
• We show consideration to neighbours when leaving the premises by minimising noise levels.
• No use of CFCs or ozone-depleting substances are used anywhere in the business.
…will review and monitor our environmental progress on a six-monthly basis to ensure that we continue to make a positive impact on the environment.
Last Updated: February 2011 Next review: May 2011
Visit our Facebook page, follow us on Twitter and view Grace Azadvar's Linked In page.